HARFORD COUNTY'S SPORTS & SOCIAL CLUB
FALL DODGEBALL 2016
Registration: October 3rd
Coaches Meeting: October 11th
October 27th - December 22nd
Time: Between 6:30 PM
and 10:30 PM
The HighLand School
2409 Creswell Rd
Bel Air MD 21015
$630 for team of 10 or less, each addition player thereafter will be an additional $63
Cost for individual will be $63
If you pay the first night or after the cost is $68
$630 for team of 10 or less, each addition player thereafter will be an additional $63.00 - Cost for individual will be $63.00
For Team Registration: Please have $126.00 team deposit, shirt color and shirt sizes for everyone on your team
For Small Group Registration: Please have $63.00 per person in your group and shirt sizes for everyone in your group. We will match your group up with another group to form one whole team
For Individual Registration: Please have $63.00 and your shirt size and we will place you on a team!
If payment has not been received by the coaches meeting, payment week 1 and after will be $68 cash only.
Fall Dodgeball Champs
Fall Dodgeball Finalist
Royal Blue (Bill)
Please email us with your:
1. Team Color
2. Division in which you would like to play
3. Shirt sizes for everyone on your team
Please email indicate:
1. If you are on a team and are making your payment or
2. If you are an individual and would like to be placed on a team (please include your shirt sizes and preferred division of play)
1.Number of Players on the court: Maximum 4 Men, 2 Women, Minimum 3 Men, 1 Woman. There is no limit to the number of women on the court at one time. Players may enter at the start of the next game any time if running late. Substitutions may happen at the end of each game.
2.Court: The court boundaries are marked with cones. You may not cross the sidelines of the center line or you are considered out.
3.Beginning of the Game: 6 Dodgeballs are lined up on the center line. Each team stands behind the end line of its respective side. On the official's whistle both teams charge to the center line to collect the 3 balls on the right side of the court, only.
4.Crossing the center line: You may not cross the center line for any reason. Toe on the line is fine, but do not cross it. You may reach across to retrieve a ball but can't touch the other side of the court.
5.Attacking Line: All three balls retrieved from the center line on the start of the game must be brought back behind the attacking line before they can be thrown at the opponent. The balls can be carried or thrown behind the attacking line.
6.False Start: Will be called if someone jumps early. That person is ineligible to retrieve balls on the initial start.
7.May not chase loose balls outside of the court boundaries: Any live players may not chase loose dodgeballs outside of the court - a team mate that is already out or out for that game may toss the dodgeball back into play.
8.OUT: Each person is held to the "HONOR CODE" and calls himself/herself out when they are hit with the ball.
9.PLAYER OUT SIGNAL: If you are out, raise one hand and move quickly to the out of bounds. Players with a raised hand should not be thrown at or interfere play of game.
10.Players Shall NOT:
1. Hit an opposing player while he/she is using the player out signal.
2. Have any body part contact the court surface over or outside the sideline or center line.
3. EXIT AND RE-ENTER THE COURT.
4. Leave the playing field to retrieve a loose ball.
5. No pinching. Pinching is considered an out after one warning
11. Live Ball: A throw that strikes an opponent = opponent out. If a ball hits the ground, walls, bleachers, backboard = dead ball. A ball that hits a player and pops up and is caught be a member of the hit players teams = thrower out. A throw that is caught= thrower out.
12. NO BLOCKING: You may not use a dodgeball to block a throw. If you are hit anywhere (including head) you are out.
13. Stalling: If a player(s) are deemed by the officiating staff to be holding a ball for the purpose of stalling, the officials will initiate a 5-second count. At this point, any player holding a ball at the onset of the countdown will have 5 seconds to either throw the ball or roll it to the opponents’ side. If the player does not release the ball across the mid-line after the countdown has been completed, that player will be called out.
If the 5-second count is initiated by an official, a player holding a ball may not reset the count merely by dropping the ball. It MUST cross the mid-line for it to count as getting rid of the ball.
14. Start of the GAME: Home team is listed first on the schedule. Home team chooses the side they would like to start on and at the 25 minute mark, teams switch sides. Substitutions will line up on opposite sides of the court and help retrieve errant dodgeballs.
15. CLOCK: All dodgeball matches have a 50 minute time limit. Each game within that match has a 5 minute time limit.
16.Roster: There is no maximum to the number of players on a roster. Players will not be permitted to play on more than one team. All players must be 21 years old.
Forfeit fine - if your team forfeits, your team will be charged a forfeit fine of $60, to be paid before the next scheduled game. Your team will not be allowed to compete until the fine is paid. If you don not pay the fine by the next game, then you have to pay an second forfeit fine of another $60...
If you know your team is going to forfeit, if you notify us by 12:00pm on Thursday before that game, no forfeit fine will be assessed.
18.Game Uniforms: Play Action Dodgeballs shirts must be worn. NO SHIRT = NO PLAY. You must also wear your shirt to the bar to get the drink specials. NO SWAPPING SHIRTS.
Players must be under control at all times!! No taunting or abusive language may be used. No swearing, no yelling: HE/SHE'S OUT, YOU'RE OUT, SIT DOWN, GOTCHA, IT HIT HIM/HER, YOU'RE A CHEATER, IT HIT YOUR (any body part, clothing or hair)...If you do, you will sit out the remainder of the current game and the next 3 games. If a second occurrence happens, you will be out the remainder of the match.
Disconseration - any act considered by the official to be an attempt to intimidate or 'rattle' a player will result in the offensive player sitting for the remainder of the game in which the incident occurred and the next 3 games. If a second occurrence happens, that player is out for the remainder of the match.
Attempt to deceive - Any play, deemed by the official, to be dishonest, deceitful, unfair or unsportsmanlike will be penalized with the offensive player sitting out the remainder of the game in which the incident occurred and the next 3 games. If a second occurrence happens, the player is out for the remainder of the match.
***Any rules not specified above will be at the judgement of the officials and playaction sports.
Have fun, meet some new people, get in a good work out!!!!